The Pro's and Con's of Technology in the Classroom

Pros-The kids are around technology constantly, making it easy for them to use.
-can make it more fun
-more memorable for students
-more interactive (more and more kids these days are becoming visual learners)
-technology makes it easier to ask and find answer to questions
-economical way to interact with the world
-more social interaction, helps students who are shy
-helps them experience exotic settings and scenarios
-encourages students to learn independently
-higher IQ scores
-special needs classrooms can go at their own pace
-more organized
-become content creators


Cons

-Brings distractions.
-slower developing brains
-with technology comes depression
-continuous partial attention
-spend more time planning lessons
-costly
-training is time consuming (but in my opinion, I don’t think we need it that much.

Conclusion:

Technology in my opinion, can do a lot of good. There are a few cons that could be deal breakers for some teachers. But I plan on using technology in my classroom. You can’t hide from how our world is changing. You have to move with it and encourage and utilize the changes.

Comments

  1. Education and alternate learning methods are also something I'm passionate about. From what I've read here you would have enough material to fill this blog with quality content. My concern is that you seem to have published what is essentially an outline without expanding on it. I would encourage you to spend a little more time polishing up your articles and to embrace the verbose, the thesaurus is your friend. Also if you need more resources to draw on look up eleaning and instructional design I feel that they would help you have a better understanding of the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout of this posting! It was really easy to follow and entertaining to read. I noticed there are more pros than cons concerning technology in the classroom, and I totally agree. Technology provides interactive experiences and more opportunities for learning. The pros definitely out way the cons and we should use that to our advantage. The world is full of technology so using it in classrooms makes the most sense. I like how you share your opinion at the end of the con list, I would love to see more of that! I love this blog and I can't wait to see what else is posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layout of this posting! It was really easy to follow and entertaining to read. I noticed there are more pros than cons concerning technology in the classroom, and I totally agree. Technology provides interactive experiences and more opportunities for learning. The pros definitely out way the cons and we should use that to our advantage. The world is full of technology so using it in classrooms makes the most sense. I like how you share your opinion at the end of the con list, I would love to see more of that! I love this blog and I can't wait to see what else is posted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review of a Few Student-Teacher Based Online Softwares

Classroom Technology Tool Recommendations

Types of Classroom Technology (That your student may be using!)